Use MNLink to search for Books, CDs and DVDs from other libraries in MN
Use MNLink to search public and academic not owned by Rochester Public Library (RPL). Most available items take about 7-10 days to arrive. Loan periods are determined by the lending library. If your requested item is not currently available for lending from any MNLink library, or non-circulating at the owning library, your MNLink request will not be filled and the request is canceled. Choose a link below to begin your search or call the Reference Desk at 507.328.2309 for assistance:
Tips for using MNLink for interlibrary loan
- Do not use MNLink for requesting items published or released in the last 6 months (other libraries will not loan new materials). Use the recommend a purchase form to request that RPL purchases the materials instead.
- Make sure that RPL doesn't already own the item you are requesting. If you request an item already owned (or on order) it will be automatically removed from your MNLinkaccount. Library staff can override under certain circumstances.
- Book Club Requests (for multiple copies of the same book): Do not place book club requests on MNLink. Contact the interlibrary loan department at 507.328.2366 or email us with the request. We will need to know the book title, and when you need the books.
- To check on the status of your MNLink interlibrary loan requests, log on to your MNLink account.
- If a title you are looking for is not listed on MNLink, or you would like to request microfilm or a journal/magazine/newspaper article, use the online interlibrary loan form.
- MNL requests will not appear on your Rochester Public Library account until the materials are received at the Rochester Public Library.
Request Journal Articles, Microfilm and more
For copies of journal/magazine articles, microfilm requests, and items not found in MNLink, use our interlibrary loan form.
Materials from Libraries outside of Minnesota
Library locations outside of Minnesota can be found on WORLDCAT. Email requests from Worldcat with your name and library card number to ILL@rochester.lib.mn.us
Other interlibrary loan tips
- If you have an email address, please add it to your library card registration information at the circulation desk (507.328.2304). Borrowers with email addresses are notified more quickly and efficiently regarding the status of their interlibrary loan requests.
- Many college libraries do not lend their DVD, videocassette, or CD collections.
For questions about interlibrary loan requests, or for renewals, email Interlibrary loan staff or call 507.328.2366.
Interlibrary Loan Policies
Contact Interlibrary Loan Department
Email: Ill Staff
Rochester Public Library
101 Second St. SE
Rochester, MN 55904-3776
Interlibrary Loan FAQ and Policies
Search Other Libraries
- MNLink (all MN libraries)
- SELCO libraries
- UCR - Goddard Library
- St. Paul Public Library
- Hennepin County
- Bridge - St. Olaf & Carleton
- Traverse des Sioux
- University of Minnesota
- Library of Congress
- OCLC - WorldCat