Renewing Library Materials
If you need more time with an item you have already checked out, there are several ways to renew it:
- Online - log into the My Account box at the top, right of this page. If others are waiting or your items are overdue, they may not renew.
- Automated Phone - the library's automated phone renewal line at 507.328.2311
- Phone library staff - call the Public Service desk at 507.328.2304 (Available only during open hours)
- In Person - ask staff at the Public Service or Children's desks of the library
Items may only be renewed twice.
Items with holds can not be renewed.
Interlibrary loans may only be renewed (when possible to renew) by calling the library at 507.328.2309.
If items are already overdue, your library card privilege has expired, or your library fees total $10.00 (or more), please call the circulation desk at 507.328.2304 for help (as you will not be able to renew items online or on the automated phone).
Returning Library Materials
Return library materials 24 hours a day
- Drive through and pedestrian returns are located on the west side of the building on First Avenue S.E.
- The indoor return is located just to the right of Public Service Desk as you walk into the library.
- Items can also be returned on the bookmobile and other SELCO public libraries in the region.
Video: See how our Book Return works!
Anytime a title is owned but unavailable at the Rochester Public Library, you can put yourself on a waiting list. This is called "placing a reserve". You can place reserves on titles of all types of material when all copies are checked out and even on titles that are on order. Users may have a maximum of 30 reserves at one time.
You can place a reserve in one of three ways:
- In the online catalog, find the title you would like to reserve and click on the PLACE HOLD button on the right side of the page.
- Staff can place a reserve for you by phone
- For Adult Fiction, Movies, and Music call 507.328.2305
- For Adult Non-Fiction, Non-Fiction DVDs and TV Shows, call 507.328.2309
- For Children's and Young Adult material, call 507.328.2303
- Ask for help at any public service desk in the library.
Note: Reserves you make today on available items will not be pulled from the shelves until tomorrow. (Any reserves placed on Saturday or Sunday will not be pulled until Monday).
Interlibrary Loan - Reserving from other libraries
The Rochester Public Library can obtain material from other libraries in southeast Minnesota, greater Minnesota, and even other parts of the country. There is no charge for this service (except on rare occassions).
Typically magazine articles are photocopied and other types of materials (books, videos, etc.) are sent to us in their entirety. The owning library may restrict the amount of time that material is borrowed, and you must follow their guidelines.
You need the following to place an interlibrary loan:
- a valid Rochester Library card (or other MN library card number registered in our system)
- specific information regarding the material. You need author, title, and publication information. If you do not have all the information, please ask for assistance.
You may place an interlibrary loan in one of the following ways:
- Check at MNLINK for the title you want
- Complete the Interlibrary loan form for books not found in the MNLINK gateway or for photocopies
- Ask for assistance. Staff can assist you in placing the ILL. During library hours, contact the Reference Desk at 507.328.2309
For more information, please visit our Interlibrary Loan page