Mon - Thurs 9:30am - 9:00pm
Fri 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sat 9:30am - 5:30pm*
Sun 1:30pm - 5:30pm*
*Summer Weekend Hours (Sat 9:30am - 1:30pm, Closed on Sundays) begin on Memorial Day weekend and continue until the weekend after Labor Day.
Directions to Library
Rochester Public Library is located at:
101 2nd Street SE
Rochester, MN 55904
on the corner of 2nd Street SE and Civic Center Drive SE in downtown Rochester, one block east of Broadway. We are located directly across the street from the Mayo Civic Center.
Construction projects are happening around the library - here are some tips for getting to the library
- Free ramp parking is available after 4:01 p.m. and on weekends, which tend to have less traffic
- The library bookmobile is available for pickups, holds,and drop-offs. It’s also easy to find the bookmobile on our regularly-updated schedule
- The BookBike & ArtCart are heading to local parks and events, starting May 15th. Checkouts available at the BookBike, but books can be returned to the library or the Bookmobile.
- Digital ebooks, audiobooks and videos are available 24/7 online through Overdrive:
2018 Holiday Closings
|Jan 1||New Year's Day|
|Jan 15||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|Feb 19||President's Day|
|May 28||Memorial Day|
|Jul 4||Independence Day|
|Sep 3||Labor Day|
|Nov 12||Veteran's Day Observed|
|Nov 23||Day after Thanksgiving
(Closed all day)
|Dec 24||Christmas Eve|
|Dec 25||Christmas Day|
|Dec 31||New Year's Eve|
The library is connected to the skyway system in Rochester and accessible from many hotels and businesses downtown. Please be aware that the only public entrance/exit to the library is at the ground level (and can be reached at the end of the skyway). There is both an elevator and stairs for traveling between the skyway and ground levels.
There are several different parking ramps in downtown Rochester for parking near the library. The Civic Center Parking Ramp is the closest to the library building (you can enter it from First Avenue SE). Parking at this ramp is free if you are in and out within one hour. Parking is also free after 5 pm and all day on weekends if you enter and exit during free time. At other times there is an hourly charge for parking.
- There are a number of 2-hour parking spots of the third level of the parking ramp which provide direct access to the skyway and library.
- Handicapped parking spots are located on the third level of the parking ramp and on the street directly in front of the library's entrance on 2nd Street SE.
- Street parking and metered parking are also available near the library.
Bus Lines and Bike Trails
Rochester Public Library is accessible by Rochester Public Transit. The library is just two blocks from the downtown transit arrival and departure spots on Second Street S.W. Bus schedules can be obtained from a bus driver or at the Transit Information Centers on Second Street S.W. between First and Second Avenues. For route information call 328.7433.
The library is also near many Downtown Rochester City Bike trails (PDF).
Walking Map of Library
View a printable PDF map showing the floor plan of both floors of the library.