Approved by the Rochester Public Library Board of Trustees on January 17, 2018
The Rochester Public Library offers meeting rooms for individuals, community organizations, and businesses that wish to provide a forum for imagination, creativity, engagement, and learning. Any questions regarding interpretation of this policy shall be referred to the Library Director.
Requirements for Use of Meeting Rooms
1. Programs that charge a fee for attendance/admission or involve the sale of goods, processes, products or services are prohibited. Donation requests are not allowed as well.
2. The library always has first priority to schedule use of the facilities.
3. Use of the library meeting rooms does not constitute library endorsement of the philosophies, practices or viewpoints of the meeting participants.
4. Individuals or groups using the Meeting Rooms must use and clearly display the following statement in all publicity for their event: “This event does not occur in partnership with nor is it endorsed by the Rochester Public Library or the City of Rochester.”
1. Meeting Room A (main floor) can accommodate up to 15 people, and Meeting Room B (second floor) is appropriate for groups up to 30. The actual number of people each meeting room can accommodate may vary with different table and chair arrangements.
2. Amenities for each room are listed online.View the meeting room page.
3. Meeting rooms are only available during library open hours. Check Library Hours
4. The setup for Meeting rooms A and B is the responsibility of the user(s); these rooms must be put back to their original arrangement; and all rental spaces must be vacated 15 minutes before closing time.
Procedures for Booking Rooms
1. The meeting rooms are scheduled through the website.Check the room availability If you have any room rental questions, please call the Administration office at 507.328.2310 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2. You must book any set-up and tear down time due to the fact that there are many back-to-back meetings.
3. Payment must be submitted to confirm any reservation and it implies agreement to abide by the meeting room policy. Credit cards are not charged until the room reservation is confirmed.
4. Cancellations must be made 7 days in advance or room rental fee will be forfeited.
5. Anyone with an outstanding meeting room rental fee may not book a room until the previous fee has been paid in full.
6. All bookings must have full contact information including Name, Organization (if applicable), address, phone number, and email address.
Fees for Use of Meeting Rooms
|Pricing||Number of Days in Advance that Rooms may be Booked||Meeting Room A Hourly Rate||Meeting Room B Hourly Rate|
|Community Group/Non-Profit/Government)||90 Days||$5.00||$7.50|
|Individuals/For Profit||90 Days||$10.00||$15.00|
Any group which fails to leave the room in a satisfactory condition, or damages the premises, may be billed for the cost of damages. If this bill is not paid, the group will not be allowed to use the meeting rooms in the future.
Meeting Room Regulations
1. Smoking is not permitted. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
2. Groups are responsible for bringing their own supplies and should not ask library staff to provide needed supplies.
3. Groups wishing to exhibit, perform, duplicate, or distribute any copyrighted work in the library (print or non-print) must secure a license or permission to do so.
4. Loud talking or other loud sources of noise are not allowed to extend beyond the meeting rooms. CD players, microphones, and other electronic devices may be used, but the sound must be contained within the reserved rooms.
5. All groups must abide by the Library Code of Conduct. Please be respectful of all library patrons when in the library.
If an organization or individual does not comply with the Meeting Room Policy, Library staff reserves the right to cancel any existing reservation or deny use in the future.