- Rochester and Olmsted County - 144,743
- Number of registered patrons (city & county): 71,935
Collection and circulation
- We have 520,442 items (excluding subscriptions)
- In 2016 items circulated (checked out) 1,749,585
Size of Library Staff
- 73.25 FTE as of 12/31/2016
- Rochester Public Library Foundation:
- 1995 - Foundation didn't exist! The Library run an annual fund drive and raised about $21,000.
- 2016 - Foundation gave $56,000 to the library
- Friends of the Rochester Public Library:
- 1995 - Bookstore sales $7,316; The Friends gave a total of $15,605.
- 2016 - Bookstore sales $58,000; The Friends gave $64,016 to the library.
- Volunteer Hours
- 1998 - 9,607.25 (We didn't have 1995 statistics easily accessible, so we used 1998.)
- 2016 -- 27,391
For more detailed information see our 2016 State Report as a PDF file.