Please contact us if you need help finding books or articles, need a factual question answered or need other research assistance. You may contact us by:
- IM* in the chat box below (only available during open hours).
- PHONE the Reference Desk at 507.328.2309 or see entire phone list
- EMAIL the Reference Desk (email will be answered within 24 hours unless the library is closed) or see entire library email list
- TEXT US from your phone at 507.722.1581 - all texting charges from your phone provider will apply. Messages received after library open hours will be answered the next day library is open.
- INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS with a librarian are available to help you with specific research or library technology (online catalog, article databases, internet searching, adaptive workstation, etc.,) To schedule a 30 minute session, call us at 507.328.2309
You may use the chat box above (when available), or log in with your existing AOL, Yahoo! or MSN IM accounts:
- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM): RPLmnInfo Aim Express
- Yahoo! Instant Messenger: RPLmnInfo Yahoo! Web Messenger
- MSN Instant Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org MSN Web messenger
Any screen names that send IMs containing obscene language or that are harassing will be blocked.
- We are unable to answer lengthy research questions via IM - for example, a complicated genealogical research question. We are also unable to provide advice on questions of a medical, tax, or legal nature.
- IM Reference is part of our regular reference service, which includes in-person and telephone reference services. Sometimes we might be answering all kinds of questions at the same time when you IM us, so please be patient.