Printing from Library Computers
You may send a print job from any computer in the library (including the catalog computers). Print fees are $0.10 per sheet of paper printed with black ink and $0.25 per sheet of paper printed with color ink. Before you send your print job to the printer, be sure to select the correct setting (for B/W or Color).
Print jobs sent from library computers on the 1st floor will be sent to the printer near the children's computers. Print jobs sent from library computers on the 2nd floor will be sent to the print station near the internet computers.
Print jobs will not begin printing until you go to the print station, select your job from the print station monitor, and put the appropriate money in the machine to pay for your print job. For large print jobs over $5.00, please ask at the reference desk to print your job.
Printing from your laptop, tablet, or phone
Library card holders may send attachments to the library printer from a device such as a phone or tablet, Copies are $.10/page for black/white and $.25/page for color. Copies will remain on the printer until close of the day they are sent. Instructions for mobile printing
Setting up your laptop for printing at the Library
Wireless printing is currently available for laptops running Windows, versions 7 and up, and Mac OS X 10.6-10.12 operating systems.
In order to send your document to the Library printer, you must first install a program on your computer called a printer driver that will enable your computer to "talk" to the Library's printer.
Instructions for PC Users (Windows)
Wireless Printing for Windows laptops
- Click here to install the Printer Driver for Black and White Prints
Click here to install the Printer Driver for Color prints
- Once the program opens, choose "Run". Continue through installing the printer driver program. This will take several minutes. Once the printer driver program has been installed, you should be ready to print.
- Send your document to the printer (usually done by selecting File -> Print from the upper left of the window menu), then choose either "2nd Floor HP Black and White" (for black and white prints - $0.10/ page) OR "2nd Floor HP Color" (for color prints - $0.25/ page) from the list of printers on your computer by left-clicking it once with the mouse.
Note: If you're not seeing "2nd Floor HP Black and White" or "2nd Floor HP Color" listed, you may need to scroll down or scroll to the right to see additional printers. You will not see these choices until you have downloaded the printer driver from the library's website.
- If you want to adjust the Page Range or the number of copies, make those changes now.
- Then press the "Print" button. A box should pop up on your screen that will ask you to fill in your name and a name for your print job. After you have filled in your name/print job, it will be sent to the Print Station.
Mac Printing is now set up for Printing on the 2nd floor
Instructions for Mac printing
Please read instructions carefully
Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.12
Download and install the printer software to your Mac laptop
- Click on the link for the software you need and save it to your Mac Desktop:
- For 2nd Floor printer: RPLMacPrinting.dmg
- Double click on the file on your desktop RPLMacPrinting.dmg
- Double click on the Popup.pkg file. This opens the Popup Installer window.
- Click ‘Continue’ at each prompt until it says ‘Install,’ then click ‘Install’
- Type in your computer's admin password (if needed), then click ‘Install Software’
- Click ‘Close’ at the installation successful screen.
- In System Preferences -> Print & Scan menu, you should see these two printers listed:
2FloorMacBW (for black and white printing and 2FloorMacColor (for color printing)
Printing with your Mac
- Make sure you are connected to the library's wifi signal (RPL Hotspot).
- Open the document you want to print and select File -> Print
- Choose either 2FloorMacColor or 2FloorMacBW Black & White from the list (Color is selected in the picture below).
- Next, change any printing preferences available in the print window (single or double sided, landscape, etc.,) and then click on the "Print" button.
- After a few seconds a "Pharos Popup" window will appear - fill in your name and give your print job a name and click the "Print" button
- The job should show up on the screen at the Library Print station.
***If you have any questions about these instructions, please check with library staff before printing to avoid being charged incorrectly for printing***
How to Uninstall Library Printer Software from your Windows computer
- Go to the search box in in the bottom left of the screen and type in "Devices and Printers". Click on the "Devices and Printers" icon beneath "Control Panel"
- Find the icon called "Public Color Printer Xerox.."
- Right click on the Public Color Printer Xerox.. icon and choose "Remove Device"
- The old Printer Driver program will then be removed from your computer.
How to Uninstall Library Printer Software from your Mac
- Open Finder
- Go to this path /Library/Application Support/Pharos/Utilities and run the Uninstaller program
- Check the box next to Pharos Popup and click uninstall
- Type your admin password if prompted.
- Program should be uninstalled from the computer.
Please ask at the Reference Desk if you have any questions.