Borrow Books, DVDs, CDs and More
- Check out material from our collection of over 470,000 books, audiobooks, and DVDs
- Our Digital Collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and streaming movies can be used on your smart phone, tablet or other compatible device.
- Place a hold on an item if it is checked out or on order
- Suggest purchases for the library collection
- We offer over 40 programs and classes every week for all ages and stages of life.
Find out what's coming up by signing up for newsletter and event alerts via email
- Sign up to get notified by email when the newest newsletter is published
- Be alerted about book sales, Friends of the Library and Rochester Public Library Foundation events
- Receive alerts from other City of Rochester like recreation leagues, council minutes, and public transportation
Come to the Library for Events and Classes
- Events for all ages from toddlers to senior
- FREE! No charge for classes or programs
- Book clubs, conversation groups, story times, "Make-n-Take" projects, computer classes, featured speakers and much, much more
Use "My Account" to keep track of your Library checkouts and more
- See a list of all the titles you have checked and when they are due back
- Renew your items that are already checked out
- Keep personal lists of library items you may want to check out in the future or save to refer to later
- Read the Library's quarterly newsletter "Connections" online or pick up a copy at the library
- Get the latest scoop on plans to offer your feedback to local government officials.