Special info for Apple device users upgrading to iOS 7:
Apple released iOS 7 on Sept 18th and when an existing OverDrive Media Console (OMC) user upgrades to iOS 7, you will not be able to open Adobe ePub eBooks. New or first time users of OMC are unaffected by this issue.
OverDrive is working to resolve the issue but in the meantime, you can continue to check out ePub eBooks with your Apple device by using one of these remedies:
- Re-authenticate the app with your existing or a new Adobe ID. Refer to the iOS section of this Help article for assistance. (Recommended)
- Uninstall and re-install OMC which will also require you to re-authorize with Adobe. IMPORTANT NOTE: A re-install will clear your bookshelf, history, and app settings.
Audiobook users won't see any difference unless you attempt to download parts of audiobooks already downloaded to OMC before upgrading to iOS 7. If so, you will receive an error message asking you to download the title again.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions at 328.2305 or 328.2309
eBooks at the Library
Getting Digital Catalog eBooks
- Download Overdrive software/app (Note: current version of Overdrive is not compatible with 1st Gen iPads and the Nook Color)
- Set up an Adobe ID or Kindle Account
- Check out an eBook from the Digital Catalog
- Download to your computer/device
- Download the Adobe Digital Editions software or Aldiko App (Android) or Bluefire App (Apple)
- Set up an EBSCOhost account
- Check out an eBook in the EBSCO eBook catalog
- View eBook online or Download to computer for offline viewing
- Transfer to your eReader (not Kindle compatible)
Questions? Email us or call 507.328.2309.
|Adobe EPUB eBooks*||Adobe PDF eBooks*||Kindle
(Barnes & Noble EXCEPT Nook Tablet, Nook Color for Overdrive)
|Kindle (e-ink readers)||No||No||Yes||No|
|Kindle Fire, HD||Yes, with Overdrive app||Yes, with Overdrive app||Yes||Yes, with Bluefire app|
|Blackberry||Yes||Yes||Yes, with Kindle app||No|
|Windows 7 phone||Yes||Yes||Yes, with Kindle app||No|
iPad (EXCEPT 1st Gen iPad for Overdrive)
|Yes||Yes||Yes, with Kindle app||Yes, with Bluefire app|
|Android OS phones/ tablets||Yes||Yes||Yes, with Kindle app||Yes, with Aldkio app|
|Windows PCs||Yes||Yes||Yes, with Kindle app||Yes|
|Mac||Yes||Yes||Yes, with Kindle app||Yes|
|Complete Device List||See List||See List||See List||See List|
To find eBooks at the library:
*Overdrive - search our Digital Catalog
**EBSCO eBooks- Set up a EBSCO eBooks account and then search EBSCO eBooks Home.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 507.328.2305 or email us.
- How to checkout/ download for Kindle (black & white screen) (PDF)
- Kindle Fire & Tablets (PDF)
- Kindle FAQ/Help webpage
- Installing Overdrive on iPod / iPhone / iPad (video)
- Installing Overdrive on iPod/iPhone/iPad (PDF)
- How to transfer EBSCOhost eBooks to iPad
- Overdrive App for Android
- Downloading ePub to Android Instructions
- How to transfer EBSCOhost eBooks to Android devices with Aldiko app